Read on for inspiration about activities to do from the doorstep of Newton Grange and those within a 10 minute, 20 minute and 1 hour drive.
There are some great activities to do in the Yorkshire Dales this February Half Term. Here’s a sneak preview of some of our favourite suggestions:
- Visit Thornton Hall Country Park – 10 minutes away from Newton Grange, there are lots of fun activities for children and half term fun
- Visit Bolton Abbey – 10 minutes away from Newton Grange - a family friendly destination all year round, from walks and adventures through Strid Wood to the I Spy trail. 20 minutes drive.
- Go to Hesketh Farm Park – 15-20 minutes away from Newton Grange - a fabulous family friendly destination.
- Visit Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal – Just under 1 hour's drive away from Newton Grange - A stunning National Trust property with something for all the family. The stunning drive, through Grassington, Greenhow Hill and Pateley Bridge rewards you with awe-inspiring views, and the journey is well worth it to see this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Why not try making your very own bird box at Fountains Abbey this half term?
- Visit the National Children’s Museum, Eureka in Halifax - a 1 hour drive from Newton Grange. It is an all weather destination that is suited to children of all ages from pre-schoolers upwards. This half term the museum is running the Space Trek event.
And don't forgot to explore and discover on foot from the doorstep here:
- The Leeds Liverpool Canal – a stunningly rural and beautiful towpath between Bank Newton and Barnoldswick, with colourful canal boats moored and long distance views of the rolling drumlin hills. Great for gentle walking and sightseeing from the doorstep of the cottages here in Bank Newton.
- A ramble along the Pennine Way to Gargrave and world famous Malham with its limestone pavement, waterfall Janet's Foss and Gordale Scar.
- A walk or cycle along the popular bridleway to East Marton, perhaps calling in to Abbots Harbour Tea Rooms and taking a short detour along the canal towpath to view the Double Arch Bridge.